https://atgtravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/ATG_Infographic_Sustainabilitiy-300x268.jpg 300w" sizes="(max-width: 700px) 100vw, 700px" />
The five steps to a successful, sustainable travel program are:
- Align the travel program with your company’s key corporate sustainability objectives. Seek out environmental experts in your company.
- Collect CO2 data from key suppliers as well as TMCs, online self-booking tool providers and credit card companies.
- Define a high-level set of goals and objectives in line with your company’s current environment policy. T
- Create a program which identifies ways to minimize business travel & meetings emissions. Options include:
- Manage: manage the demand for travel.
- Reduce: choose lower carbon options to reduce the number of emissions per trip.
- Compensate: invest in carbon offsets to compensate for the emissions produced.
- Implement the program. Don’t skimp on resources and be prepared to invest over a sustained period. Integrate and align new travel procedures to ensure business-as-usual.